Tuesday, October 25

Shuttin' this one down...

I know I mentioned a few months ago that I was contemplating making this blog private. I decided at that point not to do so, but I have been thinking about it ever since. In the end, I’ve decided to shut this blog down and start up a new one. Some of the things I didn’t want to mention on a blog I still don’t want to mention – I know they’ll work themselves out one way or another. Other things I didn’t want to blog are now common knowledge for at least the people who really needed to hear about them from me personally. So, with that, I’m shutting down this blog.

When I say I’m shutting down, I mean that I’m not going to post here anymore. I don’t want to officially take it down – with the exception of the past several months, which have seen an extreme lack of posting, it’s been a good chronicle of the past 6 or 7 years of my life. I’ve blogged about some really important life experiences, as in the birth of my Godson, poured my heart out, as I did when I lost Sepp last summer, and have been able to share fun and funny moments and musings about life in general. Plus, it never ceases to amaze me when someone emails me about a post from several years ago, as many have regarding my IUD experience. All of that is why I think it’s important to leave this blog up.

The main reason I can’t, or don’t feel like I want to, post here anymore, is the URL. For those who have not heard, within another few months I will not be mrsj2004, but will legally be going back to the maiden form of my name. I feel that ultimately it’s the best decision for me, and it’s one that has not been taken lightly.

Before I made it I had the ears of a few very close friends and members of my family, and had been seeing a therapist for a couple of months. The circle of family and friends has expanded as I’ve told people, and the visits to the therapist will go on for the time being. Right now I’m still struggling to make sense of the situation and what’s happened. I don’t know that I’ll ever have a complete sense of resolution, but I’m looking forward to closure at some point (hopefully) soon.

Once everything is official, I’ll probably post something here. If not, I’ll at least post something on Facebook. On that note, if you’re someone I’ve met or become friends with through Trey but I haven’t unfriended you, it’s because I’ve enjoyed getting to know you and your families over the years and value your friendships. If you’re ever in Chicago and need a place to crash, a tour guide, or someone to have drink with, I’d love to hear from you. On the flip side, if you want to unfriend me I won’t be offended.

I have barely begun to set up a new blog, which can be found at: http://viktorialuise.blogspot.com

I’m calling it “Life in progress” and while I can’t promise I’ll post much for the next few months, I am looking forward to writing again and hope next spring will be better for that.

No comments:

Blog Archive