Sunday, August 28

Overdue on my haikus

I really did intend to post haikus weekly, but this week got the better of me with trying to be off next week. No promises for the upcoming weeks either, since both Labor Day and German Day are coming up. Here are three goodies for now (which I'd like to have in italics - can't quite figure out how to do that on my phone):

In honor of the bad weather on the east coast this weekend, here's one I came up with after almost getting stuck on my commuter train one evening - fortunately, Godi was nice enough to come rescue me!

Large piece of metal
Stuck on the tracks waiting
Will not blow away

This next one was inspired by what was the only Millennium Park concert I attended this summer (gotta do that more often next year).

A Brahms symphony
Millennium Park tonight
Lots of wine consumed

The final one for this post is about the very beginning of my vacation - getting in to DC on Friday night.

Capitol dome lights
Metro over Potomac
Welcome me tonight

Hopefully I'll have a few more from this trip, and from the festivities and events upcoming!

1 comment:

LisaMarie said...

My favorite one so far is the humorous one about being on hold. :D Welcome back to blogging!

Blog Archive