Friday, January 7

Things I appreciate - one-liners

I know Sarah mentioned in a recent blog post that she's worried about slowing down so as not to miss the little things in life. This is something I've tried to be better about over the past year or so, and while I'm sure it will be an ongoing process for me (I feel like it takes A LOT of energy not to go through life with blinders on), I have gotten better about it.

Case in point - one of the things our receptionist does every day is send an e-mail to support staff asking them to send her a list of who's out of the office. Since we have over 200 people here and we're on 3 different floors, she can't see everyone, so having a list from each department makes her life a lot easier. I'm cced on these e-mails, and though there's really no reason for me to even open them, I've started doing so because she's found all of these funny little one-liners with which to open the e-mails. Some of my favorites of late have been:

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

In the winter my dog wears his coat, but in the summer he wears his coat and pants.

Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat says to the other, 'You stay here, I'll go on a head.'

When a new hive is done bees have a house swarming party.

A cat ate some cheese and waited for a mouse with baited breath.

The marine biology seminars weren’t for entertainment, but were created for educational porpoises.


They're short, sweet, and on the days you really need them, will make you laugh out loud. :-)

Have a great day everyone!

5 comments:

Karen said...

those had me smiling. the dog panting one took me a second i'm ashamed to admit. :)

Ms. Sarah said...

That's fantastic! I definitely giggled at a couple of them, and am not too proud to admit that the dog one took me a second as well!

Viki said...

Here's today's:

When William joined the army he disliked the phrase 'fire at will'.

Finlands finest said...

Loved the oneliners!

LisaMarie said...

These are right up my alley!

Blog Archive