Monday, June 14

A few minutes of updates

I've enjoyed reading all of your blogs for the past few weeks, but since I haven't actually gotten a chance do write anything myself I'm stealing 10 minutes - let's see how much I can write about:

-Work has been crazy: we just finished our annual enrollment, and I kicked ass on everything I did personally, which was processing most of the benefit changes and a bunch of other stuff. I'm glad this only happens once a year, though. As accomplished as I felt last Friday when I left, I would kill myself if every week was like that.

-The Blackhawks vibe: is insane around this city. Last week they did a parade & rally downtown, which, despite my careful plan of re-routing my walk to work, caused me to get to work 15 minutes late. It was still fun, though. I had a great shot of the end of the parade route, and saw a bit of it as it came around the corner from Michigan to Wacker. I got to listen to most of it on the radio, and was getting the crowd's cheering in stereo. At the end, they shot fireworks off of the Michigan Avenue bridge, and since I wasn't actually looking out the window at the time, I was a little freaked out at first - I had visions of a plane crashing into the Trump tower or something. All in all, though, it was so cool to see the hundreds of thousands of people down here, and to continue to watch the hero's welcome this team gets wherever it goes in the city.

-Church Choir is over for the summer: I do have to sing a few times over the summer, but I'll actually get to sleep in two weeks in a row starting this Sunday! Ahh...

-Wicker Park Choral Singers: is going to have an awesome concert. It's called "Angels and Demons" and we're doing it in early July. We've managed to get ourselves booked for the Chicago Cultural Center for a lunchtime concert, too. I really just love singing with that group.

-Trey is done with school for the year: and has actually been out for a couple of weeks. I'm still pretty busy, but with both of us not quite as busy the house has been clean for a week and a half straight! Well, there's some deep cleaning that needs to be done, but I'm waiting until I have a few days off in August to do that.

-Logan's first birthday: is this week, and his birthday party is Sunday. He's walking now, and I had a good visit last weekend while Tony & Mel were babysitting. Tony's dog, Murphy, did not quite know what to make of Logan, but Logan loved him. :-)

Ok, my 10 minutes is up...hopefully I can catch up a little more soon!

3 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

:-) You guys never slow down... :-)

Karen said...

Chris's party is this sunday too! I don't think he'll be walking by then though.... crawls too fast for it to be inefficient and make him want to change his ways.... ha!

Finlands finest said...

I love when a city gets behind their teams!! I want a Cincinnati parade for a Cincinnati team soon!

Blog Archive