Tuesday, April 27

More April updates

Ok, so I didn't get to blog over the weekend. I could've on Saturday, but I was getting work for work done. This is not a routine thing because I firmly believe that I don't get paid nearly enough to do work work outside of my 8:30-5 hours (with an occasional day that goes until 5:30 or 5:45 on days I have rehearsals and a bunch of time to kill after work). Anyway, I digress. Here's the rest of my earlier update:

Easter - I realized I don't have too much to say about this. It didn't feel like much of anything special this year, and I wonder if that's because it was relatively early again? Next year I think it's super late, which I think will make for a more spring-like and Eastery feeling.

Something of significance was my Saturday night Easter Vigil feat. I ended up having to sing 3 psalms in the dark, and had the entire choir up in the loft praying for me and then wondering how I accomplished it all. I'm rather proud of myself for it. Let me explain a little...

For Easter Vigil in a Catholic church, you're supposed to do 7 or 8 readings with a psalm in between each, plus the gospel (this church does 4 readings, 3 psalms). Only thing is, they don't turn the light on until it's time for the gospel. The readers had a nifty little book light, and I'd found myself a little music light in the sacristy. I even checked it to make sure it worked. Problem was, very soon after I got into my first psalm that the batteries were dying. Fun! There was a very dim light that allowed me to see fuzzy words, and fortunately I was familiar with all 3 psalms, but it was a little nerve-wracking nevertheless. I think I ended up being the hero of the hour, and people were still talking about it at church the following week.

Babysitting - this has been lots of fun recently. I've actually realized my goal of a Logan visit/babysit once a week for the past few weeks, and I think he definitely knows who I am (how soon do babies begin to differentiate between people?). A couple of weeks ago I went over while my mom was babysitting, and spent an hour and a half or so crawling around on the floor with him. Shortly before I left I went to the bathroom, and he crawled over and was waiting for me at the door, and then he screamed when I left. It was so cute. :-)

German Club - first, I'd like to say that the fact Donau has Wifi is awesome. I spent a couple of hours at the General Meeting (clubs from all over the US meet once a year, and this year we hosted) doing work work, Facebooking, and working on my Kindergruppe newsletter. It's just too convenient!

The other thing I was going to mention was related to how cute my Oma can be sometimes - there was a dance a couple of weeks ago at which the Kindergruppe was dancing and I was in charge. There was an extra kid, so I dance with her rather than making any kids sit out. Well, before our last dance we're waiting for the music to come on, and Oma yells really loudly, "Now, aren't you gonna do the worm dance." I told her to hold on a second because that's what we were doing next, but seriously. I think everyone around her laughed, and I just wanted to smack my head on a wall.

Other than that, the Cubs are back up to .500, I think my winter butt jiggle is finally under control, and I can't wait until Trey's officially done with the semester and we're home together a tiny bit more. On the agenda for the next 2 weeks, however, is to pick a couple more pieces for the recital I'll be a part of in July, and to schedule taking the GMAT. I'm thinking August looks good...

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I love when I think a baby finally recognizes me. :) I think it is cute your nephew had so much fun with you that he didn't want you to leave.

Good job singing in the dark! I'm impressed!

Mamma Sarah said...

Your Oma is a hoot! :-)

Recognition happens early, but when it's only the occasional visit it takes a bit longer. How exciting though he's crying when you leave. :-)

Karen said...

i think it's so sweet htat you want to see logan weekly. He's a lucky boy to have such a dedicated and loving aunt.

Blog Archive