Thursday, April 22

April updates

I'll probably work on this post little by little, for the rest of the week, but such is life. I may get list-y also, but that's better than not posting. :-)

Easter - (coming tomorrow/this weekend)

Running - As much as I like running, I've never been an outdoor runner. Not only do I find that I feel more productive if I can run on a treadmill and watch the news, it also wears down my endurance much more quickly when I run outside. Well, a few weeks ago I had a couple of days in a row that I couldn't get out of bed on time, so I ran over my lunch hour in order to get a workout in. I kind of liked it. The next week, I took a lunch hour to go running just because thought it would make me feel better, and I found I really enjoyed it.

Now I can't get enough of this running along the lakefront at lunchtime. My route the past few times has been to go down to the riverwalk at Michigan Ave, walk to the Columbus Ave. bridge, then run the rest of the way over to the lake, and down to the Shedd Aquarium and back. Not a bad little jaunt at 3.65 miles for the run, plus the walk to get started and cool down afterwards. when the weather's nice, it's BEAUTIFUL! I get a bonus when the Cubs are playing in the afternoon, since I can catch the first couple of innings of the game.

Best part is, that it's also completely doable in 55 minutes, which includes time to change and "rinse" off with my adult baby wipes. I like it so much that I'm already having to restrict myself - I've decided I cannot do it more than once a week, and I can't go out if it's over about 72 degrees (I get to hot and can't effectively clean up that way).

Babysitting - (coming tomorrow/this weekend)

German club - (coming tomorrow/this weekend)

Disorganization - I'm to the point that my life has been too busy for too long and I'm feeling completely disorganized. This has resulted in my getting far less accomplished while I've been home over the past few weeks - I feel like I deserve to veg out because I've been so busy, but that doesn't help the clutter in my house, which makes me feel more disorganized and frazzled, which makes me feel like I deserve to veg out. I really need to break this mindset, and am looking forward to life after this weekend, since I realized that for the weekend of May 1 & 2, all I have is Kindergruppe Friday night, German School on Saturday, and church on Sunday morning. This means that I'll have most of the day Saturday and all afternoon/evening on Sunday to slowly get my life back in order - hooray!

Ok, that's all for now - more later!

4 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I like that you enjoy running during lunch. I have been wanting to start running forever, but I just can't seem to start.

I feel the same way about being busy and wanting to veg. Then I get to the point I cannot take it, and I declutter like no one's business! :)

JNoble said...

man i was just thinking about visiting on may 1 or 2nd. just kidding. I understand the feeling.

Karen said...

rock on with the running- that's great. I think it's also great that you know your limitations (time and weather). :)

Viki said...

Justin, you can come visit - just don't expect an immaculate house. :-)

Karen - I'd go running longer & farther at lunch, but taking longer than an hour is notice and frowned upon in my department. This is the one instance in which I hate that we have to be the good example.

Blog Archive