Tuesday, September 14

Newspaper story about our taxes is out

Here it is:

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=407968

My disclaimer is that I didn't think my taxes would be as low as they quoted in the good faith estimate (I thought they'd be about $3K a year) so I wasn't represented in the best light in that respect. Yes, buying was going to make things tightER, but without the property tax mess, we would've been fine even with Trey taking a pay cut when he went back to school & took his retail job. Heck, we would've been fine even if he'd have stayed in the retail job for a couple of years after finishing his master's. There are a lot of negative comments because of people who jumped to conclusions, but toward the late 30s, early 40s, they start to get better. I posted comment 46, and it sounds like someone else who used to live here posted 43.

Also, this wasn't posted on the paper's website until late today, so we'll see if it gets to the front page of the paper tomorrow, as the writer thought it would be placed there originally. I'll post an update.

3 comments:

Viki said...

FYI - this did make the front page of the paper today...

Mamma Sarah said...

Great photo. Man, this is so not fun. I didn't read the comments, but man what a mess. :-)

Finlands finest said...

1. I love that your pic was on the front page!

2. I am so disgusted with the developer, even though the county says they don't think they were pulling a fast one, I sure do! I am even more disappointed yours appeals were turned down!

Blog Archive