Monday, July 7

Great weekend for a holiday - Part 1

I'll try to get as much down as I can in the next 10 minutes....

The weekend started early for me on Thursday afternoon as I took 1/2 a day off - everyone asked if I was going anywhere fun, and laughed when I told them I was going home to clean my house! Seriously, they finally finished fixing/painting our ceiling Monday, and the house was disgusting and very dusty due to the work, so I did some hard core cleaning Thursday afternoon/evening. The place looks great, and no longer feels gritty, which makes me feel very good.

Trey and I started off with a nice relaxing Friday morning, then shot up to Round Lake for his band's 5pm concert...featuring me doing vocals on a couple of tunes. *grin* I love working with Trey. He's the only conductor I feel so comfortable with that I don't feel like I need to have my eyes glued on him the entire time - peripheral vision is enough. This level of comfort is especially good to have when you're standing next to the conductor and actually facing him would look weird on stage. Anyway, I love working with him. :-)

After that it was over to Zion (about 30 minutes away) so Trey could make an 8pm concert with a local orchestra....he had dinner and changed in the car while I drove. The orchestra really sounded great given the fact that they played outdoors and were miced. They also did a lot of Gershwin, which I love. After playing for the concert and the beginning of the fireworks, then doing the hour's drive home, however, both of us were a little too tired for the beer we both wanted...but I did still have a Frosty, thanks to the extra I'd put in the freezer the day before in case the Wendy's was closed for the holiday. He he.

Ok, more tomorrow...

5 comments:

Martha said...

A) Yay for a good house cleaning! I know that feels great!
B) Uh, Trey is the one conductor you should NOT be able to keep your eyes off!! ;) ;) ;p
C) They were miced? I did not know that one could "mice". ;D

Katrin said...

I should do some cleaning too, but, ahm... no.

It must have been a lot of fun watching him change in the car! Reminds me of the scene in Dirty Dancing when Baby changes in the back of the car.

Karen said...

you and Wendy's - so cute together!

vacationing to clean the house - been there. kinda sad but you get to enjoy the benefits right away!

Finlands finest said...

What does being "miced" mean?

I'm glad you like working with your husband, and I would think you should be comfortable with him. A sign of a good relationship!

ArmandII said...

I'll never forget seeing you and Trey in Pirates. It was awesome seeing you both doing what you are so passionate about.

Jelaine and I miss you guys.

PS: I just tried to view T3s blog and since it has been so long I no longer have permission. Could you ask him to add me again pretty please. You guys are awesome!

Kilroy was here!

Blog Archive