Monday, June 23

Great weekend!

This weekend was fabulous - while there were a few things going on, I can't say that anything terribly out of the ordinary happened. It just felt so good...

Friday: we were going to go see/hear Willie Nelson at Ravinia, but some ominous clouds kept us away. We learned the next day that the rain stopped at 5:30 (concert was at 7) but I'm still glad we didn't go as the lawn would've been rather damp. Instead, I ran when I got home from work, we made American spaghetti for dinner, and we rented "Mickey, Blue Eyes" - cute movie. Oh, and the Cubs beat the White Sox that afternoon.

Note on the running - most of you know I'm a wimp who only runs on treadmills, but my commitment to doing that twice a week is paying off. I'm back up to 4 miles without taking a break to walk, with a mile that's just under 9:40. I want to get up to 5 miles with a 9 minute mile. Still, I'm proud of myself. :-)

Saturday: we spent the day at home pretty much relaxing, watching the Cubs beat the Sox again, and doing a little straightening up here and there. Saturday night we went to Ravinia to see/hear Ramsey Lewis and then Dave Brubeck. What an amazing guy - he's well over 80 and still playing and touring, and sounding great! Fabulous concert.

Sunday: morning was back to back church services for me, then it was time to prepare dinner for dance practice, go to dance practice, and once more watch the Cubs beat the Sox. A pretty busy day at the end of it, but still fun and very productive.

Something else I did well this weekend was preparing for what will be a super busy week this time around...hopefully I can keep the momentum going past Tuesday night. I have outfits picked out for the beginning of the week, and last week I did really well getting everything positioned for the morning prior to going to bed. It makes a huge difference in the morning, but is still hard to do when you're leaving the house at 7am and not getting home until after 10pm.

Anyway, that's all for now - have a great week!

7 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Love to hear the Cubbies beating the Sox.

I am not a runner unless someone is chasing me or I am chasing a soccer ball. You deserve a "You Go Girl!" for your running efforts.

Katrin said...

Go Cubs!

Go Viki!

Hope your week turns out well...

JNoble said...

Wow does sound like a great weekend. I am going to chase you for that running milestones. I'll keep you posted. Currently if I ran a mile I would die...

Secondly, what were you thinking? No self respecting person who married a Texan would skip a Willie concert. If it was raining just take your shirt off, grab another beer and yell yeeehaww! So much left to learn I see... ;)

Viki said...

Unfortunately for us girls up in Chicago, removal of shirts in public is not an option, unless we're looking to get a) removed from the concert, and b) arrested. Perhaps it's better that way, as it sounds like a Willie concert in TX would be a much more enjoyable and enthusiastic experience. :-)

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Willie was just at the Fraze here a few weeks ago. My father-in-law wanted to go but MIL said no way. :-)

Congrats on the running. That's great dedication for you. I'm looking forward to getting the all clear from the doc so I can start riding my bike again!

Martha said...

Wow, great job with the progress with running.
I can't run yet. When my dad picked us up from the airport he commented that he can run faster than me (true true). And we set to prove it on the way to baggage claim. :)

Samantha said...

A singer by night? Cool! I'm a vocal performance major. What type of music do you sing? Jazz? Classical? (I'm far more classical than anything else but like to add in a little extra variety every now and again...someday, I hope to sing opera!)

Blog Archive